Very windy and very wet.....

9th February 2024 (Friday)    08.00.... After a wild, wet and windy, night, we are forecast to have


a wild, wet and windy, day;  so I won't be going out to play.   At least it has washed the Saharan stoor aff the car and cleaned the air.  The rain is forecast to slowly slacken, but no mention of sunny spells.... so    it's a stay in and warm, work on the computer day.

10.45    The rain isn't quite as bad as it was so I'm contemplating going for a run round the villages in the car.   High tide is around 14.00 and with this wind direction, and  a big sea runnin', there could be some changes to the beach.    I've just enjoyed watching a film that showed bits of Brighton in 1965.... the sea front hasn't changed that much but the traffic has!.... it's now time to do some 'work'.

18.30   The wind and rain were with us all day;  the rain did relent for short periods, but the wind didn't.   However it's an ill wind that disnae blow some good'.... and it worked for me today.   The air was clean and fresh (very fresh) so I took advantage of one of the times the rain slackened, and actually hirpled down to the beach.   I had hoped to be there at high tide but we had heavy rain at that time, but was able


to go an hour later.   It was still spittin' rain but I managed to get a few photos for the Alberto Archive.  The water had come well up onto the bents where access paths are;  tomorrow and Monday are the highest tides but the wind is forecast to change direction so it shouldn't be as bad as it was today.   I might try to go to the beach tomorrow morning when the tide is out.





22.00   With an improving weather forecast for Saturday and Sunday, Iain is coming down (from Auchnagatt) tomorrow to do a few wee jobs before we go out with the cameras in the afternoon.... weather permitting.    Strangely enough I have enjoyed myself today.... probably because I never expected to be down at the beach;  having been 'confined to barracks' (more or less for the past couple

of weeks.   The wind and rain is still with us, but the wind is forecast to moderate overnight and the rain to become 'light'.   
I'm away to make my bedtime chocolate and look for something to watch on the tele for half an hour.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....