Bright and breezy....

29th February 2024 (Thursday)    08.45.... We have a bonnie morrrrrrrrning;  an excellent day

'Toby' and Bonnie'..... on the mooch. (2010)

for doing a bit o' the Coastal Walk.  If the wind moderates I might do the Chapel Green bit at sunset time.  I'd do it just now as I'm in a 'go out and play' mood, but it's to windy.... and, anyway, it's breakfast time.

10.00   Kirsty phoned to remind me that we are going to the 19th for lunch; and, we have a new team member ....George (Harvey).   George will bring us up to date with all things at the East end of the village.  I'm hungry for both food and info already.   Oh... I have the showers towels to hand out... I'll do that then 'ave morrrrrrrrrning coffee. 


11.00   The 'breezy' bit of today's weather is cauld... there's a definite feel of wintry stuff behind it.   I found that out, when I was hanging out the washing, that we have a brilliant drying wind.... but a chilly one.   I won't be going out on the bike.   I'm looking forward to the 19th and  my monthly 'Fish and Chips' lunch:  there are other, mouth watering, choices but it's  my once a month chance to have proper 'fish 'n chips'.


18.30    We 'The Team' enjoyed our lunch at the 19th.    As ever the food, company and friendly banter made for a happy 'time out'... and our new member fitted in perfectly.   Kirsty brought a book, by Donna Leon, for my bedtime reading;  this was perfect as I finished 'The Dark Island' (written by  by Henry Treece) last night.



20.30    I felt a touch of winter in the air tonight, when putting the grey bucket out.   And the gritter went down earlier.  I'll have my chocolate and and get off to bed with the 'Donna Leon'  book Kirsty put through the letter box.  Donna Leon novels are set in Venice.

Tomorrow's weather is going to be much like todays was;  'bright, breezy and cold'...  with the chance light rain moving in, later in the afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....