Bright and breezy morning ........

1st February 2024 (Thursday)    08.00.... 'Light cloud with a moderate breeze' is our weather


forecast for today;  a good drying day as the wind is to freshen as the day wears on, with strong winds overnight and on Friday.    My 'plan' is to take the 'official' route, via the B942, to Leven and Methil today, to see how many miles and time it adds to the journey.   I've biked (and photographed) this route umpteen times, and enjoyed it.... but I think this is the first time I've actually had to use it as a diversion to Leven.   Must 'go' ...."medium Flap On";  I forgot to switch on the kettle.

21.00    The distance from Ivy Cottage, to the Balchrystie junction via the official diversion, is 9 miles and took me 18 minutes... that included waiting for traffic coming the other way in Elie and twice in Colinsburgh.   

After a cuppa at Alice's we went to Sainsbury's and, now that I can park on Ferry Road again, I did a fairly big shopping.   On Tuesday I carried a heavy bag all the way from the Toon Hall .... and I was kna ... er ... feeling old by the time I was in Ivy.


I enjoyed lunch and a blether with Alice before bumbling my way home... by way of Kinneuchar.   Since then I have had a lazy day.   I an hardly believe that I sat and watched a George Formby file (1935) without falling asleep.... I remember listening to him on the radio.   Probably on 'Workers Playtime'.

Someone mention on Elie and Earlsferry Chat that the shuttle bus is using the Kinneuchar to Colinsburgh road.. I actually met it on my way home.   This used to be the normal service bus route until the mid 1950's.   In Kinneuchar the Bus Stop' for travelling to Elie (and onward ... to Newport) was just East of the Kirk gate... the one for the other direction was round the corner at the Kinneuchar Inn (by the garden wall).   You could get a bus from Elie to Cupar in those days.  Ye Gods.... I'm reminiscing!    The corner at Colinsburgh was awkward but the buses weren't as big as the are now.  Double decker's were also introduced when the route was changed.



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....