Quiet, overcast morning....

14th February 2024 (Wednesday)    "Happy Valentine's Day". 

08.00.... the weather forecast is

for 'light rain with a gentle breeze off the North Sea'.   At the moment it's dry but the rain isn't far away;  I don't think it's going to be a 'play day'.   I'll be setting off for Mercury Motors about 09.00:  right now it's breakfast time.

10.45    The Ferry Road route is 'Closed' as there is work being done between Broomlees and Kinneuchar junctions;  so I went to Mercury by way of Balbuthie (the road I was never going to use unless by bike). The Balbuthie road was busy and I definitely won't be going that way again,.... not until the road to Balchrystie is re-opened anyway... and then I'll be on the bike.   We came home by way of the recommended route (B942).

22.30    Alice is going to the Mining Museum (Lady Victoria Newtongrange) tomorrow and I had hoped to join her, but there's too much walking involved,  so I reluctantly decided to miss out.   Alice is i/c of photographs, and  going to bring me some info leaflets etc... and I have been through the Museum website.   The new 'plan' for tomorrow is to transfer older photos from DVD's to an external hard drive;  continuing the job I have been doing today.   The weather forecast for tomorrow is 'iffy'.

Chapel Green Road - 2009.

The transferring of photographs is an interesting job.... and leads to a lot of reminiscing.  It's amazing really;  I remember pressing the button on every photograph. That's a lot of button pressing.   Both today's photographs are .... not today!    I will get round to doing 'Then and Now' photographs to show how things have changed.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....