Nice fresh morrrrrning .....

22nd February 2024 (Thursday)     08.00 .... It's a nice morrrrrrrrning, but spitting rain when I

Ferry Wynd.

was giving 'Blob' his breakfast.... 'light rain showers, with sunny spells' are mentioned in the weather forecast.   The Fife Weather Lochgelly cam is showing a clearing sky so the sunny spells should be with us by mid morning.   I'm going to Leven, probably via the recommended route.... the longest, but least frustrating.

16.45    I went to Leven as planned:  actually not as planned.   I spotted the white bus, out of the corner of my eye on the Balbuthie road, making for Kinneuchar, so I decided to chance following it (Half a mile or so behind) and got through 'nae bother'.    That said the Balbuthie road is a mess where big vehicles have met and had to manoeuvre to get through.   I was feeling brave on the way home and took a chance with the Balbuthie road again... and got through 'nae bother';  but I didn't meet any big vehicles.

As usual I enjoyed my visit to Alice ... oops ... I mean my trip to Leven to do the shopping.  On arriving at Leven I went up to Alice's and had a cuppa, before we both went to Sainsbury's to do the shopping.   It was a major 'shop';  I'd run out of Blob's favourite breakfast.... McVities Digestive biscuits. and bought four packs.  The shopping done, we then went back to HQ where we 'put the world' to rights,


over another cuppa, before Alice made a lovely chicken based lunch (I won't need much in the way of food tonight).  As I had freezer stuff in the boot, and  Alice was going to visit a friend in the afternoon, I set off for Ivy; and was back home by 14.00.  With the messages away in their proper places, I was asleep in front of the tele by 14.30.... obviously a happy and contented boy.

20.30    The gritter went down the road not long ago so they must be expecting frost.   It has been colder this afternoon;  I set off to have a wander to the beach, but changed my mind when I found that it was really cold.   I only got as far as The High Street.   'Sunny intervals with a moderate breeze' is forecast... and it will feel cold because of the wind chill.   I'm planning to out on the bike once the air warms up, but won't be going far if it's cauld.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....