Peaceful morning ...

18th February 2024 (Sunday)    09.00 .... We have a peaceful kind of morning, with the prospect


of a sunny day, once the sun climbs above a bank of cloud (the last of overnight rain)  moving away to the southeast.   It's actually quite warm or this time of year and we should have a bonnie Spring like day once the sun does 'rise'.   The 'plan' is to go out on the bike;  probably have a run through Elie Estate;  'sunny with a moderate Westerly breeze' .... with no mention of preci
pitation..... is our weather forecast for today. 

17.30    It has been another, lovely, Spring like day and I had me second run out on the bike this year.   The first one (yesterday) was easy;  todays bike was harder because my muscles are sore from yesterday's effort, and have to get used to doing things.  It usually takes about ten runs for the muscles to be fully operational.   Today I went through Elie Estate and home by way of Elie.  Unsurprisingly, the road through the estate was muddy after the rain, but it was great to be on it again.   Elie was busy with cars and folk on the beach.   The plan is to go out on the bike tomorrow; unfortunately the next three days have iffy weather forecasts.

20.00    I had 'JB' on the phone this afternoon.... he was phoning from John, Emily and Henry's HQ in Stocklinch, Somerset.   It was a pre Skype phone call;  and it was thanks to Skype  that I 'met' my Great Grandson for the first time.   I don't think Henry is a fan of Skype just yet.... but he is growing fast .... and has a healthy set of lungs.   It was exciting seeing a baby sized version of the Rushton/Lawrie family.   I cant imagine me at as a baby!  


Getting  back into biking after the winter is tiring on the muscles.... but I'm looking forward to going up to Balcarres when the String weather settles in.... probably March, when Sarah van Veen is in blossom (Magnolia tree).


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....