Light frost....

24th February 2024 (Saturday)    08.45.... We have a lovely, calm, frosty morrrrrrning with only

'95' bus on the proper route!

a light breeze;  it's a bonnie morning to be out.    I'll let the air warm up and shift any icy patches, before going out on the bike... and only if if the roads aren't too busy.   The temperature is always going to be cool today, but the wind chill should be negligible; so it's a good day to wrap up, and go 'out to play.   

17.30   After an indecisive morning  wondering if I should go out on the bike I eventually went out, about 13.00 (the warmest part of the day) and did the resurfaced Elie road.   Having decided to do it from the Elie end I was surprised to fine the streets quiet and actually enjoyed going up Bank Street, which was a change for me, normally go down Fountain Road to South Street.  Going up Park Place I could see that the traffic cones were still in place at the Elie end of the roadworks... but one or two cars were bypassing the cones.  So I got the camera out and bumbled my way up the re-surfaced Elie road, stopping frequently to record for  the Alber' Archive.... and eventually arrived at the Ferry Road junction.   This was the surprising bit;   this end of the Elie roadworks was 'open':  Nae cones in sight.... and a '95' bus came up from the Kinneuchar junction.  As far as I could see someone had forgotten to remove the cones at the Elie end of the roadworks:  At least that' what it


looks like.   At the moment the road is 'Open' from the Kinneuchar end.... but 'Closed' from the Elie end.   However, as things are, we can go via Kinneuchar until the Balchrystie part of the road is done, and the whole length of the A917, from Elie to Balchrystie reopened.... using both Ferry Road and Elie Road (bypassing the cones).

19.00     I've had a reasonably busy day and feel satisfied at the end of it.  I especially enjoyed my run out on the bike;  it was much warmer that I thought it would be.... and there was 'nae wind' .    I also managed to transfer some more DVD's ;  transferring is the easy bit.... it's the browsing that diverts me;  and the bit I enjoy most!

22.00    According to the weather forecast we should wake up to mist/fog tomorrow;  but it should clear


to give us sunny spells by morrrrrrrning coffee time.   I doubt if I'll be out on the bike until later in the afternoon, as I'm going to Methil to annoy Alice: this will  give my legs a wee rest.  Actually my legs are starting to feel ready to do a slightly longer run... but I'll leave that until the next really good weather forecast.   Orf to make the bedtime 'orlicks.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....