Interesting sky ....

12th February 2024 (Monday)     08.15 .... Mmmmm.... we have a grey uninspiring start to


the 
working week;  not the kind of morning that's going to have me frolicking about like a new born lamb.  There's a cool, frisky breeze, with the chance of light rain.... and sunny spells.  It is a good mornin' for pottering' around Ivy and 'working' on the computer.   This is going to be a rest day after a few hectic days.

16.00    This was going to be a 'rest day' but  for some reason I got into a 'working' mood and continued with the weekends work this morrrrrning;  the weather has been perfect for  doing stuff.   I went up to the 'paper shop' after lunch (that was a successful mission).   From there I set off to the harbour but there was a crane lorry kind of thing blocking the road so that was not a successful mission; I about turned and  went back to 'The Toft'.  I woke up from a long catnap about 10 minutes ago, and will have welcome cuppa after this update.   


21.00    From the number of people (and vehicles) around I'm thinking that this must be the mid-term holiday.... (how fast the time goes);  and we've had a beautiful day for holiday makers... and locals.   Long may it continue  I've been busy again today so tomorrow I am going to Leven (and Methil) to have some time out with Alice;  and... I must remember to phone George (Dod) tomorrow sometime to arrange a visit.   George is back in residence at Mackie Housing (now Bield).


22.30    It was raining when I was out at the bucket a few minutes ago;  and it looks like it has been for a while.   I don't think rain is mentioned in the forecast for KY9 tomorrow so it must be clearing away by morning time.   'Sunny intervals and a fresh breeze' is our forecast for tomorrow.... so another bonnie day;  and definitely a 'rest day' for me.  

I watched a good programme about 'Wild New Zealand' late this afternoon;  it is an amazing country,

Elie Post Office (2007).

with different wildlife.   Well it did have until humans arrived there.   The biggest disappointment for me was the garden bird life;  our birds introduced to make the 'new country' more like 'the old country'.  Luckily there are places where the native species (with protection) survive.   Today's was the first of three episodes so I must remember to look out for 2 and 3.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....