Quiet morning ....

6th November 2023 (Monday)     08.00.... It's a 'go out to play'  morrrrrrning .... so I've hung out


a washing: Play time will be after breakfast.   In fact, if the weather turns out as forecast ('sunny intervals and a gentle breeze'), I might even go up to Chapel Green (on the bike) in the afternoon.    I'll have breakfast, then go for the paper.

11.30    I've done the 'uplift paper' mission.... and visited the harbour.   All is good \at the Elie end of the villages;  apart from a cormorant perched on the harbour rocks,.... probably with 'bird flu'.  A well bird would have taken off when I appeared.   There was a bonnie 'light' so I took a few photographs to 'play with' this evening.

Not only did I remember to pick up the paper;  I also bought some chocolate biscuits for the empty 'Emergency Ration' tin.   

17.00    I am saddened by the death of an elderly (94) family friend;   Jimmy Keith (Arncroach).   My first memories of Jimmy are from 1946, when we lived at Crathes (as in Castle) and Jimmy  was friend of my Dad's;  and was courtin' Dot.... a close neighbour's daughter.  We moved to Fife in 1950:  Jimmy


and Dot came down not long after.   In fact, if I remember correctly, Jimmy's parents in law also moved down to Fife at the same time.   Patricia, Jimmy's daughter, lives in Arncroach.   

I went up to Brian and Moira's this afternoon to catch up with their 'News', and annoy my Secretarial assistant, have a cuppa and hand in a Sympathy card..   It was good catching up with Brian, Moira and Morven again.


22.45   I have my jabs on Thursday (Randolph Wemyss) after which I'll be ready for the winter weather.   Tomorrow I intend doing some shopping (Leven) and  visiting Alice.   The weather forecast is good for tomorrow but not so good for Wednesday.



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....