Breezy ....

2nd November 2023 (Thursday)    08.30.... It's breezy but dry so far, but heavy rain is expected


when the remnants of Storm Ciaran arrives later this morning:   the south of England, the Channel Islands and NW France are experiencing the the worst of the storm.    Fife has a Yellow Warning for rain;  active until 06.00 until tomorrow morning.    I'm planning on visiting Alice today; how long I stay at Alice's depends on how heavy the rain is.  

19.00    The rain was not as heavy at Methil as it was on the other side of Largo Bay (Elie and the Royal Burrow);  in fact the sun almost broke through at 13,30.    The rain got heavier the further East I travelled on the way home;  with the water running down Ferry Road when I was taking the messages in.   Having said that we only had the rain.... the folk own south had really wild weather.

I have had an enjoyable, lazy kind o' day;  I always enjoy my time with Alice.   We went shopping (Sainsbury's) after morrrrrrrrning coffee, then had lunch after we got back to No 57.   Unfortunately


Joyce had to call off her visit due to having a bad reaction to the COVID jab (she didn't take the 'flu one).  She sounded really rough on the phone.   Michael (sunny Sussex) has also had a bad reaction to the jab.... but Janice was fine.   Alice gets her jab tomorrow afternoon;  I get mine on the 9th.

Tomorrow is going to be a brighter day according to the weather forecast (it would be hard not to be brighter);  but light precipitation is mentioned.


21.30   the rain has stopped and there's fresh breeze  so that might dry things up a bit.... but tomorrow's forecast isn't exciting.   I'm going to have rest day... in fact I'll have a day with the drawing board.   

I watch the COVID Enquiry whenever I can and, so far, the most impressive  person, as far as I'm concerned, has been Helen MacNamara.   She pointed to the 'macho' attitude taken by many of the men during the early days of the pandemic:  when you think about it, that same 'macho' attitude is probably the cause of most of the problems all over the world today.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....