Remembrance Sunday ....

23rd November 2023 (Remembrance Sunday)     19.00   Apologies for being so late with 'The


Hutte'.... but I have been a busy boy.   It all began when I looked down Ferry Wynd to see what was happen on the water.... and saw 'Polestar' (Northern Lighthouse Board vessel) close inshore.   I dove into Ivy, gulped down half a mug o' tea, grabbed the camera and out to the car.... then, back into Ivy to get the car keys and back out to the car again.

When I got to the harbour 'Polestar' was sitting sitting where 'port servicer' had been working a few days ago, and was lifting, what looked like a mooring block up from the seabed.   She 'Polestar' was well photographed... and I also took a good helping of my usual 'local scene' photographs for the archive, before bumbling back to Ivy tom have breakfast .... and a full mug o' tea.


After breakfast I hung outa wee washing I'd done, then sorted out the photos I'd taken before firing up the TV and settling down to watch the Remembrance Parade from London (Cenotaph).  As ever it all went very smoothly, with the BBC broadcasting the Parade.   There appeared to be more 'civilian' groups marching at the end of the parade;  which is understandable as we have a much smaller Navy, Army and Air Force than we used to have, with Technology  replacing feet on the ground more and more in armed conflicts.

After lunch I went to Elie to photograph the local Elie and Earlsferry War Memorial;  and I met Alan (History Society) who was going to secure the wreathes to prevent them being blow around in the wind that's forecast for our area over the next few days.   Actually it's goin to be wet and windy tonight.

Brenda ('arbour 'ouse girl) came over to tell me that everyone was in the shop, so I went over to catch


up with the Harbour House news after I'd finished chatting to Alan.   Alan by the way is the link between this mornings photographs and the WM ones;  he was the Captain of 'Polestar' when he retired.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....