Nice, quiet morning ....

5th November 2023 (Sunday)    09.00 .... Although the sky is mostly overcast, and we've had


some light rain, it's one of those peaceful Elie and Earlsferry morning: The Jackdaws aren't squabbling (that's a change).... a lone Magpie flew its ungainly looking, flapping way towards..... somewhere it needed to be;  and 'Blob' was givin' it laldie from the Rowan tree.   All is good, even if it is slightly grey and damp just now;  we're expectin' sunny spells by midday.

19.00    The sky cleared before 'morrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrning coffee' time and we've had a lovely, pleasantly warm, autumn day.  I went to Methil to torment Alice;  we didn't go anywhere as I (for some unknown reason) was awfie tired.   Alice got me up to date with her 'News' and I gave her all the 'Ferry' News.   By the time we'd done all that it was lunch time;  Alice had made stew for lunch,  and I can tell you it was very tasty.   I haven't done a stew for a while;  that will be my next 'culinary adventure'.   I like that....'culinary adventure';  it suggests that I know what I'm doing.


As is normal when I get back to Ivy, I made myself a cuppa switched on the tele and fell asleep.   On waking up, and finding myself in Ivy (I'd been dreaming about Cyprus), I made a fresh cuppa and decided that I'd go for a wee run in the car  because it was such a bonnie afternoon.   I only went as far as Kinneuchar then down to Elie Harbour.   Kinneuchar wiz easy;  the harbour slightly more awkward as there was a lot of people wandering along the road to the harbour.    I eventually got to the actual harbour, took a few photographs, and made my way back home.   The villages have been busy this weekend;  I guess it might be quieter from now until Christmas.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....