Misty and damp ....

4th November 2023 (Saturday)   09.30 .... It's overcast and damp with a light easterly breeze

Kinneuchar Station junction.

bringing stuff in from the North Sea;  a 'stay in and stay warm' day.   The weather could brighten up, as the wind is forecast to begin backing to the West later this afternoon.

17.00   After lunch I decided to go up to Kinneuchar Station (by car) to get a few photos of trees in their Autumn colours.  The plan was to wander along the railway line, then across to Albert's Wood, and have a wee wander through it.   However I'd forgotten about the rain we've had lately, and promptly cancelled the 'Alberto's Wood' plan when I met up with water and mud.   I did the railway line then thought I'd go to Kinneuchar.   Well.... that plan changed when I saw three coaches, followed by a number of cars turning into the Kinneuchar road.   There must have been a wedding or something on.   I came home by way of Elie and put the kettle on.   The villages have been busy (at least Ferry Road has) today, now I'm wondering if this is a holiday weekend.   The Ship Inn bonfire and fireworks has been cancelled so that's not the attraction;  neither is the weather 'cos it has turned wet and miserable in the latter part of the afternoon.   I am settling down for the night; hatches battened down, heating turned up and the kettle on standby.


20.00   On my way home from Kinneuchar Station I noticed a lot of folk out walking; and the roads were busy with cars etc.  I didn't go out on the bike so never saw the beach, but I imagine it would be busy .... until the rain came anyway.  The villages should be busy again tomorrow;  the weather is going to be brighter;  and drier.   

21.30    I mean to stop watching the 'News' from the Middle East, but I can't.  Ordinary people around the World want the, what now appears to be indiscriminate, killing to stop;  but our politicians more or less insist that it must go on and that Israel has the right to defend itself.... even if that means innocent Palestinian civilians are part of the 'collateral damage'.  Oh... I know all about the horror and evil of October 7th, but surely common sense has to prevail sometime.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....