Bright and sunny after early frost .....

11th November 2023 (Armistice Day)    09.30 .... After an early morning frost we have a


beautiful Remembrance Day morning, albeit cauld on the lugs.   As is normal for me, I have a headache and feel a 'couple o' degrees under' 48  hours after having my booster jabs, so I will be lying low for the day.   I'll have to 'stay in and warm' and will miss the Elie and Earlsferry War Memorial service ,.... and watch the Cenotaph Remembrance parade on the tele on Sunday.   This will be the second time I've had to do this because of the 'jabs'.   That said.... I might be feeling AOK by tomorrow morning.  

16.00    I forgot that I had to go to the Chemist to pick up my prescription so I enjoyed a wee trip out in the car;   I also picked up the paper and went down to the harbour .... then home by way of Balbuthie and Kinneuchar to get a few photos to 'play' with.   I met Jennifer in Elie and she was telling me that the Elie skiff  ('Archie Rennie) had been out;  I'd missed a good photo opportunity.   James (Jennifer's husband) is one of the regular rowers.   Most of the afternoon has been spent dozing in front of the tele;  I woke up to find that I was watching 'Thunderbirds' (1965).   Can't remember what I'd been watching when I fell asleep.
The washing I hung out was 'nearly dry' so I brought it in;  it has been a bonnie day but not a good drying one.


19.00    I'm tired .... even after sleeping most of the afternoon.   Tomorrow will probably have to be another 'rest day';  so I'll likely watch the Cenotaph Remembrance Parade, thought I will tempted to go to the Elie and Earlsferry War Memorial Service.   It depends on how I'm feeling.   I feel fine just now.... but tired.
This has been a lovely day, even though it was cold.    The villages are busy;  I saw a lot of walkers out by the lighthouse and all around the East Links this morrrrning (when I was at the harbour). 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....