Bonnie, frosty morning .....

10th November 2023 (Friday)    08.30.... We have a beautiful, albeit nippy, frosty morning; but

Fitting the ridge to the new (zinc) roof.

the sun will quickly shift the frost to give us a bonnie, but slightly 'cool on the lugs', play day.  It's too cold for me going biking; and I feel a slightly 'sluggish' (after the jabs) but it's the cold air that's curtailing my activities.   I'll stay 'in and warm' in the morning, and go for a run in the car in the afternoon. 

12.30    The best way to describe my morning's activities? ..... resting!    I found an old film (1952) to watch (Channel 82) and settled down with a cuppa;  it was an interesting enough film but I kept falling asleep so missed a lot of it, but managed to catch the last 20 minutes.   Having said that I feel much better (in fact I feel playful) than I did earlier so the rest has done me good.   I'll have a bowl o' soup after this update then see how active I feel.

The stonemason's and the roofers are busy this morning... the roofers fitting the ridging along the roof and the stone masons doing the cladding.   I am totally surprised at how fast the cladding has gone;  and how good it looks.   The outside of the new build will be more or less (finished from my side) before Christmas.... if the weather stays fine.


19.00    I've been falling asleep on and off all day, so I could say that I've had a very restful day.  Apart from that, and feeling sluggish, I haven't had a bad reaction to yesterday's vaccinations.   Having said, going by previous jab sessions, it is usually the second or third day that I feel headachy etc.  I didn't go out in the afternoon so the only photographs I got are of the progress being made next door.  The stone masons are expecting frost because they've covered the fresh work with sheets to protect the wet cement.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....