Fffffffrosty ......

30th November 2023 (Thursday) ...."Happy St Andrews Day"!  

Kinneuchar 1830.

08.00   There's been a light shower of sleet/ snow overnight and it's cold.   It was frosty when I was out feeding 'Blob' with heavy rime on the cars.  The roads and pavements will be slippery....so not a morning for going very far: Sunrise is at 08.17 so it will be a wee while before the temperature rockets up to 3C.   Oh .... and "Happy Birthday" to Irene who will be ... my word... she can't be...!   She is! She's 21....+.

Colourful sunset.
17.30   The high ground (Largo Law, Balcarres etc) has a light covering of snow ... the first snow of winter (Meteorological Winter).... and it has been cold all day.   The pavements eventually thawed by the middle of the afternoon, but will freeze up again tonight. The next couple of days are to be very cold with the middle of the day temperature  round about 2 or 3C.   When I found that out, I decided to have trip to Leven to do a shopping;  I plan to batch cook some 'ready' meals for freezing... and I topped up 'Blob's supply of Digestive biscuits; just in case the snow reaches the 'Royal Burrow'.   

20.00   We had a cracker o' a sunset so we will have a bonnie day tomorrow.... but, very cold... with the chance of sleet showers.  And there should be bonnie clouds.   I saw loads o' bonnie clouds this afternoon, when I was driving home from Leven, but there was nowhere I could stop to take a few' snaps'.  Batch cooking is a good job a good job on a cold day and that is the 'plan' for tomorrow.   I'll
also keep an eye open for big clouds.

'Kinneuchar 1830' is based on an illustration, by W T Russell (Edinburgh), for the 'Annals of Colinsburgh' (p 65), a book by Rev Robert Dick.   Although named 'Kinneuchar in 1830' the original sketch was was done and signed in 1896... the year that the book was published.   That said I very much doubt if Kinneuchar had changed much since 1830.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....