Breezy ....

22nd November 2023 (Wednesday)   07.30 .... there's a brisk south westerly wind (but it's a


warm wind for November), and there's the chance of 'light precipitation' before morrrrrrrning coffee time.   I think this might be a drawing day;  the urge to do 'ousework had worn off.    I'm going for the paper.... and an early morning look at the harbour before breakfast.   'Flap on'.... nearly out of milk.

10.00    'Flap off'.... I've been for the paper and milk, and had breakfast so I'm a happy bunny again.   There was light drizzle, and a frisky wind, when I was at the harbour but it wasn't cold:  havin' said that I took  photographs from the sheltered corners I use down there, on windy (or wet) days.   The 'plan' is to get the pens and pencils out now.

19.30   My word;  it may have been warm in the mornin nut the wind freshened in the afternoon and suddenly it was cold.   I only went as far as the garden (to take a few action photographs of the stonemason at work) so wasn't that bothered by the cold wind:  I was 'staying in and warm' with my pens and pencils.... frequent cuppas.


As is my normal when I'm feeling good, I overdid the activities yesterday and I'm shattered today.  I'll have to have a couple of 'rest days'.   That said I enjoyed being busy and  active yesterday.... it's the next couple of days that are tricky.   Anyway, enough about me being stupid.... that's what I do best.

I am really impressed with the stone clad wall ... and seeing how it is done.   Today the mason was pointing wall with lime putty and the finished job is really beautiful as you can see in the photographs.   It has given me a lot of pleasure watching this job done all the way through; with the high standard of work all the way through.    It's like watching a team that's been 'beamed in' from the beginning of the last century.   I'll miss the workmen when the job is finished;  which won't be that long now by the way things are going.  I'm only seeing the outside work; 

Ferry Lodge and Ivy Cottage.
the inside will be to the same high standard.   The bottom photo gives you an idea of how Ferry Lodge looked at the beginning of the last century.

There's some good News from the Middle East at long last; with a four day interlude, during which the killing stops and some of the hostages (taken on 7th October) are to be released:  then it's back to the killing again.   The root cause of the hatred  in the Middle East goes back a long way;  surely this is the time for the politicians to 'grow up' and  come to an agreement so that Israeli's and Palestinians can live in peace. It's what most of them want!    It will be interesting to see how the politicians carry this forward. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....