"Good morning" .....

3rd November 2023 (Friday)    08.30 .... It's not raining, though rain isn't far away by the look


of the sky; which is mostly heavily overcast.   There's a cool, light NE breeze that will keep me off the bike today:  however I'm not bothered by that as going to 'confine myself to barracks', and make this a drawing/ rest day.   I hear the stonemasons working (in the back garden) with the sandstone cladding;  I'm looking forward to seeing how it's all done..... and to seeing the finished wall(s).  There's a Yellow Warning for rain (that includes Fife) active until 18.00 tonight.

15.15   My word... the stonemason's have been busy;  I can see the cladding being near enough finished  by the end of next week.... depending on the weather of course.   I am going to try to record the 'team' at work;  in fact I'll take a 'group' photo of them next week when the weather is bonnier.   It's all going to look  really good when finished.   

The masons have been much busier than me;  I haven't been able to get going at all today.   However I'm feeling mair productive now and will get some work done after another cuppa.   One of the reasons I didn't get going was;  I watched a film, on Channel 82, called 'Bad Blood'... filmed on location in South Island, New Zealand, in 1981.  By the time the film finished it was lunch time.  This is a 'rest day', so I don't feel guilty.... ?


19.30   The rain that was forecast foe the afternoon didn't arrive until gloamin' time so we enjoyed a dry day.... and tomorrow should be brighter.   I eventually did some work on the 'Kinneuchar Project' , but I wouldn't call this a productive day.

The villages have been busy this week ... and this weekend will be busy being the bonfire weekend.   Why we celebrate a failed mission I cant understand but there it is ...we do.    The 'Ship Inn' bonfire and fireworks has been cancelled;  I don't know where the nearest bonfire night is.   We should have aquiet weekend.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....