Windy ....

23rd February 2022 (Wednesday)      07.30 .... After a windy night we are


going to have a windy day.... with a blustery band of rain passing over later in the morning, turning to blustery showers in the afternoon.   Not a day for the bike.   I’ll come up with a plan over breakfast.   

10.00    Right now I’m having breakfast, having made a sudden decision to do a shopping before any rain that might come our way.   For a change of road I decided to go to Sainsbury’s (Leven);  the last time I went to Leven was to get a haircut... a couple of weeks before Christmas.    Since then the 20mph speed limit in Lundin Links has been extended... and there’s a, long overdue, infrastructure for a pedestrian crossing, at Blacketyside;  the ‘electrics’ have still to be wired up, but it shouldn’t be too long before that is operational.   I don’t know what changes I’ll find when I next go to Kinghorn.

The wind is F8 out in the Firth, so there will be loads of fresh air on the beach.   I may take a hirple down there after morning coffee’;  depending on the weather.


15.00    The wind has moderated a wee bit, but the rain arrived a while ago, mostly in the form of blustery showers, so not a nice afternoon.   After doing some ‘ousework, I have the urge to go out with the camera.   That’s my way of relaxing.

20.30     We are having some strange weather just now;   there are two Yellow Warnings out for Fife (and a big part of Scotland) from this evening through to tomorrow evening.... one for heavy snow showers and the other for lightning.   I imagine it will miss us, but you never know with the weather nowadays.

I took the opportunity to go out in the afternoon, between showers;  the ‘plan’ being to go to the harbour then on to St Monans kirk.  The first part of the run went fine, and I set off for St Monans, but spots of rain started to hit the windscreen so I went home, by way of Abercrombie, the Colinsburgh straight and Kinneuchar.   There was a bonnie light about when at the harbour;  and a bitterly cold wind.

The wind has freshened, and we’re in for a windy night.... with the chance of the aforementioned snow


showers.... and lightning.    No ‘plan’ for tomorrow until I see what the weather is doing.  

With me going shopping this morning I missed the History Society coffee morning in the Pavilion;  and the Colinsburgh Lite Bite lunch.   I am a ‘silly boy’.... imagine me missing out of friendly chat and excellent food!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....