Bright and breezy (the weather) ....

17th February 2022 (Thursday)      09.00 .... major success this morrrrrrrning;   I remembered to stop and get the paper!    

It’s a ‘bright breezy (F6) and cold’ start to the day.... and the wind is to be with us all day

Mammatus clouds.... yesterday afternoon.

so a lot of wind chill.   There was much wind chill at the harbour.   All was well down there.... Stewart arrived so we had a quick chat.   Stewart had to rush off to get Lorraine’s breakfast organised.    I came home via Kinneuchar, which wasn’t clever;  I forgot about the roadworks on the Manse brae.... the temporary lights aren’t the fastest at changing.

I have a washing going through;  it should dry in this wind, but I’ll ‘ave to multi-peg it on the line.

11.00   The aforementioned washing is on the line and will be dry in ‘nae time’;  I will be ironing after lunch.    It’s a really bonnie day out, but there is a wintry feel to the air.... and a snow warning (Yellow) for tomorrow, so  I'd better go out in the afternoon.... I’m catching up with the Olympics just now.


20.03    My word.... it has been cold today.   The garden thermometer reached 6C ....  with the wind chill it felt like 2C.    The wind moderated later in the afternoon o I went to the beach.    The new ‘seat’ was quite sheltered from the wind  so that’s as far as went.   A few people were on the beach, and Carol (seat owner) arrived with her dog.    The dog proceeded to dig a hole to bury the ball it was carrying, it did that four times while Carol and I sat on the seat chatting.    I’ve never seen a dog do that before, but it was enjoying itself.    Carol has the job of filling in the holes before leaving the beach.  

Welll.... the weather forecast for the whole of the UK is not great for tomorrow.    The Southwest of England and Wales is under a Red warning for damaging gales, most of Scotland is under a Yellow warning for heavy snow and wind, the bit in between under a

A happy dog.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....