Wild and wet ....

18th February 2022 (Friday)     08.00 .... There are places to be this


morning... and outside isnae one of them:  my word it’s a wild, wet (sleet) morning.    However I’ve been for the paper, and, guess what;    I didn’t go to the harbour.  There was a squally shower rattling it’s way over when I was up in Elie.   The ‘Master Plan’ is to go out with the camera when the sunny spells arrive :  at the moment the wind is from the Southeast so my sheltered nook will be wide open to wind and rain.    Bring on the ‘sunny spells’!   Computer and kettle? .... both ‘on’.     It’s strange..... but I actually feel frolicsome!

08.30    I have taken a photograph, looking down to the beach from the front gate.... and things are looking brighter already!


16.00    It has been the perfect kind of day for watching Winter Olympics:  especially the curling.   Both Teams, ‘Boys’ and Girls’ are have reached the Finals... and I am a “bag o’ nerves”... I mean “a total, finger nail bitin’ bag o’ nerves” after watching them get there.   My word it was exciting.    Well done to the four Teams in the semi Finals, for treating us to some magical curling;  and especial congratulations to Teams GB for getting to the Finals!   I’ll keep taking the pills!

We had a reasonable spell of sunny weather in the middle of the day so I was able to visit the beach, and be back in time to see Ladies Semi Final. (GB v Sweden).... and that’s why my nerves are a –janglin’. 

21.00    Welllll .... tomorrow is going to be another big day at the Olympics, with both the Curling finals;  ‘Boys’ first thing in the morning, with the ‘Girls’ around midday.  There will be loads more action throughout the day.   Tomorrow’s weather is going  ‘bright and


sunny’, but there are Yellow warnings for ice in morning, and wind in the afternoon, so it will be cold.  I’ll have to do a bit of juggling with when I go out: however this is the last couple of days of the Olympics so I’ll be back to normal on Monday.  

 I had hoped that the weather might start to settle down and become more ‘bike amenable’,  but,  I’ve just checked the ten day forecast and it’s ‘unsettled’..... so nothing new there.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....