Lovely, crisp morning .....

11th February 2022 (Friday)      09.00     I’ve been puzzled by the ‘Morning


Star’, Venus,  the past few mornings.... it appears to have a moon close by, yet Venus doesn’t have a moon.    What is it?    Am I getting my planets mixed up?

We have a crisp and clear frosty morning;  not hard frost but there is a hard surface for walking on the beach.     I met Sally, out walking the dog, and got her to verify that I was seeing ‘moon’ by the side of Venus... and she saw it too.    It has been there for the past week.  I remembered seeing a moon, through binoculars, but that would have been one of Jupiter’s moons;  which can be visible to the naked eye.  I sent a photo to the Weather Watchers;  just so that they could message me, telling me what I am seeing.     It’s probably another planet.... that appears to be close to Venus. 


21.00    It has been a lovely day, but too cold for me biking.   I went to Elie in the morning to get the paper and see the ‘walkers’ before they set off.   I had the car parked on The Terrace;  the ‘plan’ being to see the walker’s on their way back to the start point (the kirk gate).   However, when I got back to the car I saw that one of the skiffs was in the water so I ended up at the harbour:  I like watching the skiffs on the water.    I got a few photos, had a chat with David, then made my way home.... passing the walkers just as they reached the kirk gate.

This didn’t turn out to be a ‘good drying day’ after all;  but the washing (downie cover)


nearly dried.    I’ll do the sheets the next decent drying day; which won’t be tomorrow..... ‘strong winds and drizzle being the forecast.   There is no ‘plan’ for tomorrow:  I have some work to do on the computer, so I’ll catch up with that.   There’s also a lot happening at the Olympics so I shouldn’t be bored.    I think tomorrow will be a rest day.... in fact I might just have a lie in to start the ‘rest day’ off.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....