Windy ....

10th February2022 (Thursday)    06.30 .... The wind out in the Firth is at F7


just now, and is forecast to get up to F8 -9 by midday.    The street is wet after a heavy shower o’ rain, but ‘strong winds and sunny intervals’ is our weather for today;  no mention of rain/sleet/.    As things are at the moment I will go for the paper in the car, and give the beach a miss.

14.30    If it wasn’t for the wind (F6 out in Largo Bay) we would be enjoying a bonnie Spring like day.   However it is windy,  with the threat of a shower now and again so I have been pottering around Ivy.    I made use of the wind by  washing a couple of jerseys and they didn’t take long to dry so ... ‘it’s an ill wind that doesn’t do some good somewhere’.    It has been blowy all day, in fact it was blustery, with occasional spits of rain when I was at the harbour....(and I remembered to get the paper)!    I went to the harbour to catch, what turned out to be a bonnie sunrise from a sheltered corner.  


This morning I did some computer work;  and watched the Olympics.   This morning I found the most relaxing sport to watch;   long distance ice skating.    It was the Women’s 5000 metres Final.    The competitors are completely drained at the end of the race .... it only takes them 7 minutes to skate that distance.   They compete in twos, against the clock, so;  I start watching the first pair,  then woke up when the final pair were half way through the race.   Yes .... watching long distance skating is the way for me.   It really is a relaxing sport to watch. 

 21.00    The wind has died down and the air is colder, but it will be a calmer day tomorrow.    Tomorrow we have the ‘Elie’ walk at 10.00:  I shall go for the blether before the start of the walk.   If it is calm enough, and not too cold, I’ll bike up to Elie.   I think the skiffs are going to be on the water tomorrow morning.    It could be an interesting morning.

I’ve just had a look at the weather forecast and see that we are going to have a cold


night;  down to -2C.... followed by ‘sunny intervals with a fresh breeze’ tomorrow.    Oh dear ....I’m not likin’ this cauld weather.   Orf to make the chocolate and have an early night.   Loads to do tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....