Overcast, but warm .....

12th February 2022 (Saturday)      09.00 .... Hmmmm ... it’s breezy, but not


as cold as it was yesterday;  that said .... it is exactly hot either.    The wind is F6 (Saipem 3000 by May Island),  and is forecast to freshen for a wee while around midday.   I think we might get a few sunny spells later;  the sky has a promising look to it..... and I’m feeling positive.

10.30    ‘JB’ has been on the phone and reminded that we have rugby this afternoon;   Wales v Scotland, followed by France v Ireland....  all of a sudden I have a busy day ahead.    Mostly in front of the tele, but I’ll have walk to the beach between games.

22.00     It has been breezy all day.... and Scotland lost to Wales; nevertheless I have really enjoyed myself today.  The GB girls beat the USA at curling; that was exciting:  after that I watched the ‘Big Hill’ ski jump.   My word....that jump is something else.  What I like about it is that it appears effortless:  you waggle your butt across that ‘seat’, place your skis in the tracks on the hill, the trainer waves the flag to say you have 10 seconds to ‘go;  you remove your butt from the seat and you’re on your way;  you leave


the end of the ramp, and gracefully, soar (albeit fast)’ down, parallel to the slope, until touchdown:    Absolutely marvellous.   It may appear effortless, but it takes courage and a load of training to be able to do that..   I don’t think we (GB) had a competitor on the ‘Big Hill’.  


Both rugby matches were exciting to watch.....Scotland narrowly lost to Wales 20 – 17, and France beat Ireland 30 -24.  In between the games I went out for a short ‘hirple’ to the beach.   My word;  the late afternoon light was beautiful, and the shower clouds magnificent;  luckily I had the camera with me.  The beach was busy with folk out enjoying the late afternoon sunshine ....and the clouds.   We were lucky; the showers were where they should be ....someplace else, so that we could admire the clouds!    Yep ... I have enjoyed ‘today’.  

Tomorrow is going to be cloudy, with ‘heavy rain and a moderate breeze’;  that said, we


might get lucky and miss most of the rain.   I have no plan for tomorrow;  other than sort out some more photos.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....