Overcast and damp ....

28th February 2022 (Monday)     08.00 .... Mmmmmm .... we have had some


overnight rain, and have an overcast sky this morning.    I hope ‘Spring’ wasn’t a one day season.   Actually this weather (‘drizzle with a fresh breeze’) is to clear away and we should have sunny spells in the afternoon, ;  and tomorrow is going to be another cracker of a day.    In the meantime it’s a day for playing with the computer.... and (maybe) ‘ousework.

18.30    It has been a drab kind ‘o day.  I went out on the bike twice, and both times I encountered spits and spots o’ rain so didn’t hang about.   I was wanted to use up what was left in the bike battery so that I could charge it, and have a full battery for tomorrow.   Tomorrow is going to be a bonnie day.... but probably cold.


21.00    I am well tired tonight, though I wouldn’t say that I’ve done very much.  I did a wee bit of ‘ousework... and did the two runs on the bike, but that’s about it as far as exercise goes.   Jings it’s only 21 years since I was able to jog up to Largoward, down to Lower Largo then home by the beach.   I guess if I got a bigger capacity battery for the bike I could do the road part of it.  

The bike battery is fully charged, and, if I have an early night in bed, my battery will be fully charged too.   I’m not sure where I will go on the bike;  I’m thinkin’ Colinsburgh, and  perhaps Balcarres.   It all depends on how cold it is.... and how fit I feel.

Slight moan.    The war in Ukraine depresses me... all wars depress me:  they really just emphasise the quality of politician around at the time.   It’s the ordinary people in Russia and Ukraine that I feel sorry for;  they would be happier just jogging along, living their lives, doing ordinary things, but are being manipulated by their respective leaders.   I keep reminding myself that the first casualty, in any war, is ‘the truth’.  Oh I don’t doubt


that there’s a ‘war’ going on but it’s unlikely we’ll ever get to know the real background to it... it will be a 100 years before that is known.   My thoughts are with the ordinary people on both sides who are suffering because of  devious politicians.    At the end of WWI the politicians set the conditions that lead to WW2, at the end of WW2 they set the conditions that led to the Cold War. Moan over.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....