Wall to wall blue sky ....

27th February 2022 (Sunday)      09.00 ..... we have a cracker of a start to

Sunrise over the East Links.

the day.... ‘wall to wall’ blue sky with a brisk breeze orf the SSE;  a beautiful day for doing things.... work and play.   The paper has been picked up, and the harbour visited.    The garden thermometer is showing 4C just now, and should start to rise, now that the sun is higher in the sky; the forecast is for us is ‘sunny with a moderate breeze’.   I plan to go out, on the bike, after my morning coffee break.


11.00    The single bed sheets are on the line, the bottom sections of the front window have been given a ‘quick dicht’ so that I can see oot (and to let light in)... and the bike tyres pumped up.  There’s a rice pudding in the oven and I am finishing orf my coffee before taking a turn out on the bike:  got to be back within an hour and a half...for the rice pudding.   Must ‘go’ slight flap on’ now; it’s ‘playtime’.


15.30    I set off on the bike, planning to go to St Monans;  but...on my way along to Elie I ventured down Fountain Road to The Breakwater, from where I saw a couple of dinghies out in the bay.   I ended up at the harbour (not St Monans harbour), and had a happy half hour taking photos from the pier.   It has been a beautiful day for being on the water.   By the time I finished at the harbour I didn’t have time to go to St Monans, and be back in time to rescue the rice pudding, so I went up to Chapel Green to relax with ‘The Boss’.    This would have been the perfect day to go for a longer bike ride, but I’m looking forward to more days like this (not tomorrow) when I won’t put anything in the oven, so that I can go for longer runs.    

The washing will be dry and ready for ironing by now.   That will be my next mission.   After a cuppa.

19.30    Well... I’ve had a busy day... an enjoyable mix of work and play.  The ironing has been done ....and food consumed;  now I am ready to settle down in front of the tele and search for something interesting to watch.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....