Sleet showers ....

24th February 2022 (Thursday)      09.00 .... the beach would have been the


place to be at sunrise time, but the tail end of a heavy shower was passing over at that time;  instead, after an early coffee, I went to the harbour, stopping at the ‘paper shop’ on the way home.    I actually remembered to pick up the paper!  

There was wet snow on the car windscreen first thing, and the Lammermuirs are covered in snow;  all the way to St Abb’s Head.   I imagine Largo Law will be snow covered, but I couldn’t see it for a heavy shower that was passing over at the time.   I’ll go to the beach later in the morning.    I had thought of going for a haircut, but that idea fell on stony ground.   The Yellow warnings, for snow showers and lightning, remain active until 18.00 today.


15.00    The idea that fell on stony ground germinated;  I went to Leven to get a haircut.    The thinking behind getting the haircut today was simple;   tomorrow is a better forecast, for doing things.... like going out on the bike.   I unearthed my balaclava for the bike (it’s a long time since I did any hill walking);  it has been washed and should fit comfortably under the bike helmet.  

It’s a bright and breezy day now, and the showers have been few and far between.   The wind is due to moderate in the next hour or so, and I may go to the beach after that.  

20.30    It’s been a mixed up kind o’ day.... breezy and cold.   The last heavy shower of the afternoon came across just as I was getting ready to go to the beach.    The beach will be there tomorrow, and if the forecast that I’ve just seen on the TV is right, we shouldn’t have the showers.    It’s going to be a ‘bright and breezy’ day, less windy but



still cold.   I hope to get out on the bike.   In fact it could be a good drying day and I have the single bed sheets to wash;  I might do that tomorrow.   

I’ve had a busy kind of day;  been to Leven to get my haircut, and worked in the kitchen making ready meals in the afternoon.   Tomorrow I want to get ‘out and about’;  and cut back some stuff in the garden.... if it isn’t too cold.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....