Bright, breezy and cold ....

9th February 2022 (Wednesday)     09.00 .... It’s a bonnie morning.... but


cold.   It’s actually a good drying day, so I have a washing out on the line.   The wind is forecast to freshen in the afternoon.

I went to the beach to see the sunrise... although the conditions weren’t there to give us one of those stunning sunrises;  it was much quieter and peaceful looking.   A group of swimmers went into the water, from the Breakwater, my word... I felt cold, and I was sheltering in my cosy nook at the edge of the dunes. 

18.30    It hasn’t been a perfect drying day after all;  we caught the edge of a couple of showers.... fortunately I saw the first shower coming over and I brought it in.    It was nigh on dry.


This has been a ‘lazy’ day for me.    I browsed photos, to send to Graham.... and to Nicola, so that kept me busy for a while.   Then there was sped skating from the Winter Olympics;  even if it has been a ‘lazy’ day I have enjoyed myself.... and I’ll be going on a diet as soon as the Olympics are finished.    

21.00     The St Monans kirk stroll was this morning, and I had planned to go for the before walk blether.... but once again I got engrossed sorting out this morning’s photos and I never went to St Monans today at all.    The wind freshened and it was cold so I settled down in front of the tele and enjoyed the Olympics.  

 It’s going to be cold tonight.... and even colder tomorrow night:  more like the temperatures we should have at this time of year;  and I am not keen on cold spells.   I never even went to Elie for the paper today.... even in the car, and it was too cold and windy for the bike.

We have a frisky wind a just now.... and it is going to get friskier overnight;  up to F8 or


9 by morning.   Hmmm....  that means my visit to the beach tomorrow morning might be off.    That said..... once (and if) I reach the ‘nook’ it can be reasonably sheltered;  even in a gale.    I’ll see how brave I feel. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....