Breezy with a wintry feel ....

 

6th February 2022 (Sunday)    09.30    We have a breezy morning, with a lot


of cloud and the occasional sunny spell;  it’s cold and the wind chill makes it feel much colder.   Iain and I went to the beach to catch the sunrise.     A bank of low cloud obscured the  sun appearing above the horizon, but there was plenty of light and clouds about to make being down there enjoyable .... although cauld.   




16.30    Because there was the threat of snow showers, we decided to have an early lunch, so that Iain could get home travelling in daylight.   He was able to set off about 12,30.    Since then I have done some ‘ooverin’ and tidying up;  but most of the time was taken up,  watching the Winter Olympics and the Rugby.   A restful day.  


We had a heavy, but short, shower of hailstones earlier in the afternoon; otherwise it has been a bonnie day .... but cold.    After Iain left I had a cuppa, and thought about going to go to the beach, but changed my mind and took the car for a warm up run round by Kinneuchar instead.   Not much in the way of exercise.... but warmer than the beach.

18.30   Before I had the new alarms fitted I though the noise would be unbearably loud.... but it doesn’t work that way;   you only hear the nearest alarm.   Ivy Cottage had to have four alarms because of its internal layout.  

One of the competitions I was watching from China (Winter Olympics) was something called ’Slopestyle’,  and another called ‘Moguls’... both snowboarding.  The ‘Slopestyle’ I watched was not the most interesting spectator sport (I guess it would be if you are into snowboarding) but, for an auld codger like me, it seems to be a bit gimmicky, and dangerous;   I imagine if you did have an accident it could be a serious one..  As for the ‘Moguls’;  the competitors in that skill are going need new knees and hips at a young age.   Snowboarding was ‘invented’ in the USA, and that explains the language used to describe the moves etc.   For instance, take the way you stand on the board:  there is the


‘Regular’ way (left foot in front but, if you are odd and stand on the board with your right leg to the front you are using the ‘Goofy’ stance.  There is a lot of skill involved in executing the ‘jumps’ etc.... but it’s not for me.  I ended up finding the curling on the Red button and watching that.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....