Not bright ... but it is breezy

3rd February 2022 (Thursday)     10.00 ....  The sky is heavily overcast and


we have a brisk breeze from the West.   Just now the wind is F6 in Largo Bay, but it is forecast to freshen in the afternoon.... up to F8.   Funnily enough it isn’t cold;  or wouldn’t be it we didn’t have the wind.

I went out on the bike at 07.30, by which time the eastern horizon was bright, with the prospect of a bonnie sunrise.... but that never materialised due to low cloud.    The bike is away for the remainder of the day, and I am about to have ‘morrrrrrrning coffee’ before going up for the paper in the car.   I didn’t have a mask with me when out on the bike.

21.00    When in resting mode, after lunch, I looked at the clock and, on seeing it was a twenty to two, I decided to go to The Store (Ainster).   The Waid pupils would be back at school after their lunch break, and the shop quiet.    Wellll when I turned left at the roundabout at the top of Roger Street, I could hardly believe my eyes;  Waid pupils all over the place, some going downtown, others making for the Store.   I checked the car clock;  it was showing 13.03.   I’d misread the clock at home by one hour.   However there was no problem shopping.   I think the staff let 6 or 8 pupils into the shop at one


time, so other customers can get on with their shopping unhindered. I suppose they need to have some control over the numbers in the shop;  it would be swamped otherwise.   It all seemed well organised, with a big queue outside the shop when I came out, and a member of Staff ‘directing the traffic’.    I came home by way of the Kellie Castle road to avoid the temporary traffic lights in Pittenweem.

Iain is coming down this weekend, to fit the new smoke alarms etc.   They (the powers that be) say that it will save lives;  I have no doubt it will, but I can’t help but think that a few auld folk will die of shock when all the alarms in the house go off at once.   After the new alarms are fitted, Ivy Cottage will have a total of 6 (I already have two) alarms to


comply with the regulations.   I know I’m hard of hearing but I’ll be stone deaf after we test the things.   Update after testing.

There’s Yellow Warning for ice out for Fife starting at midnight tonight through to 10.00 tomorrow morning;  son there might be no biking tomorrow morning.  


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....