Breezy and bright .....

4th February 2022 (Friday)     08.00 .... I’ve decided to go out later this


morning;  ‘cos I’m in the mood for peeling tautties.     No... there’s a cold air, it’s not frosty but not far from it, so I’ll go up to the shops once the sun gets above the clouds.... and the temperature rockets.    There’s a washing going through the machine,  and I’ll hang that out before bumbling round the villages.    There is a breeze but only F3-4, and the forecast is for sunny intervals with a fresh breeze with a low chance of precipitation (I like typing ‘precipitation’... don’t know why but I do) in the afternoon..... a perfect drying day. 

20.30    Welll .... it has been a cold day;  the highest the garden thermometer reached was 8C, which felt more like 4C with the wind chill.    Ye Gods.... I forgot the washing;  it’s still on the line.    (Fifteen minutes (or so) later)    All is well;  the washing is in, and  dangling on the ‘orses.   The stars are sharp, with Orion creeping ever higher in the sky;  I always think that the month of March is when Orion look it’s best.


Iain arrived about 16.00;  just after I’d put the kettle on.   We had a cuppa and caught up with the ‘news’.  I then went to the kitchen and set about making ‘mince and tautties’ for dinner.  I stay in the kitchen when making anything so that i don’t set off the ‘Maggie’s Food Timer’.

Iain planned where the alarms have to go and should get the bulk of the work done tomorrow:  which is going to be a good day for working ‘cos it’s going to be windy with strong winds and the chance of squally showers/rain.     We hope to get to the beach for sunrise time.... assuming the weather is reasonable then.   Once in the shelter of the dunes it won’t be too cold.   

There’s a brisk wind blowin’ just now (just brought in the washing), but it doesn’t seem to


be as cold as it was in the afternoon.   It’s F6 out in the Firth.

I’m off to put the kettle on;  it’s going to be a busy day tomorrow;  not that I’ll be doing much.   I’ll be i/c kettle.... and food etc.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....