Wet and windy ....

22nd February 2022 (Tuesday)     07.30 ....There’s wild squall rattling it’s

Kinneuchar Loch.

way over just now, so it’s windy and wet.   However, the rain is going to move away to the South east, leaving us with a bright but windy day.... up to F8.   At the moment it is F6 out in the Firth.... and not very pleasant on Ferry Road.   

I feel refreshed after a great night’s sleep, and I was looking forward to biking today;  but that’s very doubtful now if the wind, that’s forecast for the main part of the day, happens.   It’s breakfast time.

09.30    The rain has moved away and we have a, ‘bright and sunny with a gusty wind’ day.    I am thinking of going out, but I’m also thinking that the Elie Estate road will be muddy. Its morning coffee time just now, so I’ll make my mind up after that;  and, although a bonnie day, with it being windy, it is not very warm.

Elie.

15.30    It’s been a bonnie enough day but my word.... it has turned much colder, with a wintry feel to the wind.    Luckily I went out before lunch on the bike, and enjoyed a run, up to and through Elie Estate.   The estate road is muddy, especially so in three places, but there’s a dry bit runs up the middle so is passable.   The woods are still in winter limbo, though I did hear a couple of robin’s singing territorial songs.    The loch has a lot of visiting swans; most of the swans were on the Kinneuchar side (North), sheltering from the Northwest wind.   I spotted Stewart, who was deep in conversation with someone, so I didn’t stop;  I also met David out on his bike, a comfortable looking bike with telescopic front forks. 

It is good having the freedom of the bike, as opposed to the car.    Oh .... the car is useful,....  especially in inclement weather, but I much prefer biking.   Actually if the bus service was still running through Earlsferry I wouldn’t have bothered with a car;  I used to like travelling to Leven, Kirkcaldy  and Edinburgh by bus.    That’s history now of course.... although the Bus Stops are still in place.

I have checked the tyre pressures on sheltered side of the car wheels, and topped up one;  it’s too cold to do the others;  they’ll get done in the warm weather, or in a sheltered corner of Balcarres Estate.    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....