Lovely morning ....

18th April 2021 (Sunday)      09.00 .... we have another quiet morning but it is


cloudier: I'm sure that a bit of light cloud won’t stop us enjoying ourselves.... and we should have sunny spells.    I’ve for the paper and down to the harbour ;  my word I am enjoying the harbour just now.   The tide is right, there’s nae wind and we have reflections; it’s a dreamy place to be.   I’d better go and feed ‘Blob’;  and have my own breakfast.









15.30    It looks like we had the best of the day first thing;   I fell asleep after lunch and when I woke up it had been raining: That said, it’s a nice enough day and the rain isn’t heavy .... just damp.   I should have guessed that the weather would change;   I can go out on the bike after my blood test (PSA) at Cupar on Monday!

I’ve had a ... er ... ‘restful’ kind of day;  apart from sorting out the photos I got at the


harbour this morning... and goin’ to the kirk on Zoom, I have done very little.  I’m now going to have a cuppa (to help with the waking up process) then will do a spot of ‘ooverin’, before settling down to draw for an hour or so.










21.30    There’s one thing about this pandemic .... it seems to have made  time go faster:  I don’t know about you but everyday seems to rocket past.    In fact when I look in the mirror I get the impression that time has been moving faster.   I have great ‘plans’ but only get a fraction of what I intend doing ‘done’.    And yet I enjoy myself.... and am happy enough at the end of the day.  

Tomorrow I have my blood test(PSA) at Cupar;   I will be glad when that is done.    Oh I don’t bother about giving blood.... but it has been a long two weeks of not biking.... one time when ‘time’ went slowly.

Someone asked me the other day what the difference is between a city orientated way of life and a village one:  there’s absolutely no difference in the folk, that make up cities and villages .... only the numbers.   And change has been going on since ‘something’ decided to leave the water, many millions of years ago eventually evolving into.... ‘us’.   However, local village knowledge will be ‘lost’;  for example you hardly ever see anyone, down among the rocks looking for lobsters at Spring tides now.   Knowledge of the ‘secret’ lobster holes will soon be lost.   Another thing that is different;   when village folk meet, for a cup of coffee, or tea, to discuss ‘local affairs’, usually in hushed voices;  their conversations begin something like this  ... “Did you hear aboot?” .... “Don’t say that I told you this” .... etc.... all ‘Top Secret’ stuff.    City orientated meetings, to discuss


‘whatever city folks’ discuss’,  normally involves a stronger lubricant than tea or coffee, and ends up buzzin, .... like a wasp byke that’s been given a poke with a stick.   It’s just evolution in action.   I’m lovin’ the new Earlsferry.... and Elie.

This has been a change in the weather day but tomorrow is going to be sunnier again;  I might even go out on the bike when I get back from Cupar.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....