Cool easterly wind ....

 

24th April 2021 (Saturday)      08.30....  we have sunny spells with a brisk


Easterly  wind this morning and it isn’t very warm;  definitely a day for working in The Hutte.   It will be warm anywhere sheltered from the wind.... so inside The Hutte is where I will be.... or the back garden.   I might go up to Chapel Green in the afternoon.... depends on how absorbed I get with ‘work’;  and how windy, and cold it is.   I need another cuppa before I hang out a washing.... it’s a good drying day. 

09.30     It’s a nice morning now;   yes it’s breezy but not feeling as cold as it was earlier (07.00).    I’ve taken the bike out and might go for a tour of the villages, and pick up a paper;  after morning coffee.   ‘Morning coffee’ will be taken in The Hutte .... as soon as the kettle boils.   Should I have cake?   I will have cake.... I need cake!


16.30    I did have cake;  and enjoyed it.   After morning coffee (and cake) I went  up to Chapel Green.   At that time the breeze didn’t feel that cold and I spent a good  hour admiring the view from the various seats round the Green.   The Coastal walk was fairly busy;  with walkers actually doing part of the CW, and others just out for their morning exercise.     I was pleased to see the Interpretation Boards being read.   Dorothy came round and I chatted tom her for a while;  I think everyone is glad that the ‘lockdown’ is relaxing, but also apprehensive as to what will happen over the coming summer.   Next week sees the start of some kind of ‘old normal’.    





19.00     It may have been a cool wind today, but it was a good drying one;  the washing dried quickly and has been ironed:  I feel fairly content after that little bit of effort.   Unfortunately this has been a bad asthma day;  dry East winds bring pollution from the Continent (same as Chernobyl only not radioactive) .... that, and the cold wind is not good:  having said that, I did enjoy my trip up to Chapel Green.  The plan is to go out


early tomorrow, before the wind freshens.   Having just been out to The Hutte I found that it’s cold out;  it almost feels like we could get a light frost.    The blossom on the apple tree will not like that.

I think I’ll have a browse of the TV channels to see if there’s anything to watch:  if I don’t find anything I fancy I’ll do some computer ‘stuff’.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....