Another gorgeous morning ....

17th April 2021 (Saturday)      09.30 .... oh my word;   I had another perfect


morning at the harbour;  in fact this morning it was actually bonnier because we had some clouds bumbling over and they were reflected on the water.   Absolutely brilliant.    I like harbours (especially on warm mornings... and it was warm this morning) ... and I like reflections.   I am a happy bunny.  
14.00    The day has continued as it began;  sunny and warm.... at the moment we have a cloudless sky.   I have had to abandon The Hutte .... it’s just too hot in there;  however I have done a wee bit of ‘work’ and intend doing some more after a cuppa.    I may take a a walk to the beach later in the afternoon .... or early evening.
  
 
20.30    When I say it has been ‘sunny and warm’ I mean in Ivy garden .... well out of the cool onshore breeze that gets up around midday.   I’ve had a busy day, though I did fall asleep;  I was awakened by the sound of a horse, clip clopping down Ferry Road.   I have had an enjoyable day, both at play and work.  Tomorrow I ‘plan’ to do more of the same.... but taking time out to ‘go to the kirk’.


I thought about going down to the beach but the wind, being cold, would just agitate my tubes.    I’ll make a cuppa instead;  I have neglected my liquid intake today.... something I tend to do when I get absorbed with something;   today it was drawing the north side of the Ferry Corner houses, that had to be demolished in 1947.    I’ll try to remember to take a photo tomorrow to show you what I am doing.

It’s going to be another nice day tomorrow, but cloudier with only a light breeze.  That means more harbour photos.    I get back on the bike on Tuesday (after my blood test) so will be expanding my local horizons once more;  unless the weather changes and it’s raining!

I’m still looking for Maggie’s ancestor in the Kinneuchar Kirk Session records:  browsing through them is a revelation.   The Kirk (Session) was the ‘law’ in those days;   the 1730’s to 50’s.   Farmers would be taken in front of the Session if they scythed their crops on the Sabbath;  the Kirk was much more important than a good day for gathering


in the crops.    The Church of Scotland didn’t have female Elders until 1966:  the first female Minister was ordained in 1968.      I don’t know what William Webster worked at in Newcastle, but I have come across a couple of other men who also work in Newcastle;  unfortunately Kirk Sessions were not interested in what the men worked at.... it was their ‘hobbies’ that attracted attention.




Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....