Bright and sunny .....

13th April 2021 (Tuesday)    08.30 ....It’s an absolute cracker o’ a

'The Pav' for morning tea/coffee.

mornin’.... and.... as there’s  hardly any wind, it doesn’t feel so cold;  even though it is frosty.     I’m feeling frisky and will definitely be going out ‘to play’ today.     Myra and I are meeting Lynne to have morning coffee at ‘The Pav’:  I am looking forward to that.... it will be the first ‘nearly old normal’  coffee we’ve had in a long time.    We’ve had our jabs (two) so  will feel fairly relaxed. .... though I think social distancing (of tables) still applies.

17.00    Our visit to ‘The Pav’ was exactly what is required to get over the past year (and a bit) .... morning coffee/ tea and happy banter.    Oh we had masks and that but you have to take them off;  but we all had our ‘jabs’ and were in our own wee bubble so felt quite safe.   ‘The Pav’ system for serving customers works smoothly and safely;  it was a really enjoyable hour.   I left the girls, Lynne, Myra and Val to have a girlie talk, while I went back home to ‘Ivy’ organise lunch etc.


In the afternoon I went for a walk up Balcarres Den .... from Robin Gray’s cottage.    It was very warm in the Den.... and very quiet.   I met two ladies who had been walking for three hours and I was the first person they met.   The road up the den is dry and passable with the bike;  I’ll do that next week after I have my blood test at Cupar on Monday.

20.30    Well this has been another bonnie day.... and an enjoyable one.   I really did enjoy the morning coffee at ‘The Pav’.... it’s the first time in over a year that we were able to relax just a little.   We took photographs of the occasion but the threat of ‘authorities’ seeing the photo I put up on Facebook, meant I had to take it down.   I felt really sad doing that, because it was a really happy time, and happy times like that have been in short supply for the last year.   That said the three of us did have a good laugh and enjoyed the tea/coffee and custard creams ... no one can take that away.   “Thank You Myra” it was a brilliant hour of happiness.     Myra treated us.

Tomorrow looks like being another lovely day though the wind is due to change again


from the West to the East in the middle of the day.   I think I’ll have a rest day tomorrow;  with time out for a spot of 'playing'.
















The following is from the Kinneuchar Kirk Records .... held on Scotland’s People.   I am fairly sure that the couple concerned are Maggie’s Great x6 grandparents.

 I have written it using the spelling of the time (1736).

Jan 3rd 1737

The Feffion (Session) conven’d this day and after prayer order’d to cite Marg’t Bishop against Sabbath next:  reported for an irregular marriage.

Jan 10th 1737

The Feffion conven’d and Marg’t Bishop, being cited and call’d appeared and being interrogated about the truth of the report above mentioned own’d that she was married with William Webster a young man of this parish, who was gone to Newcastle since and thereupon show’d  her Marriage Certificate Subscribed by James Strong Minstr.    William Webster and Marg’t Bishops initial Letters and dated June: 16 : 1736 :    However being press’d about the day she was married on, she own’d  that it was now the sixth of Sept 1736 and that she was now not with child’:  wherefore the Feffion after deliberation extolled her to write to William Webster to come home and acknowledge before the Feffion that he was married with her or they would proceed against her as a Fornicatrix, which she promised to do.


I now have to browse the records until I come across what happens once William Webster comes home.   I know that they were married because they had a son, William, baptised on February 7th 1751.   Interesting stuff.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....