Cool north east breeze ....

1st April 2021 (Thursday)    07.00 .... there’s a brisk north-easterly breeze, the


garden thermometer is showing 3C and at the moment the sky is overcast.... so not a cosy start to the new month.    That said;  the sun should break through by mid morning but it’s not going to be overly warm today because of the wind chill factor.   I’ll bumble along for the paper later in the morning.... in the car.    I think this will be a ‘work’ day for me.

09.30      Welll ..... I’ve had a short walk and I must say that it was pleasant;   oh there is a chilly wind, but there is heat in the sun so sheltered from the wind it’s actually warm.    I might get the bike out in the afternoon .... if the wind doesn’t freshen.   I’m in creative ‘mode’ just now, and ‘plan’ to go out to the Hutte and draw.... after morning coffee and a slice o’ toast.    It seem hours since I had breakfast,    It is hours since I had breakfast .... three hours in fact:     orf to put the kettle ‘on’.    Enjoy your day.   

16.00    I didn’t get out to work until well after lunch, because of the lack of decent sunny spells to warm up the Hutte.    However it’s lovely now and I am thinking of going for a daunder up to the Pony Field.... after a cuppa.    The wind has freshened a wee bit so no biking today.   However I’m happy  with what I have been doing ....now I’ll go and put the kettle ‘on’.... and enjoy the, aforementioned, cuppa.


21.00    It was lovely up on the Pony Field/golf course;  the wind had dropped away to practically nothing so it was warm in the sun.   I had a pleasant walk but, being that I was dressed for wind chill, I was too hot.   Had I known it was going to be so warm I’d have gone out on the bike.


The other day I decided; ‘Alberto my boy, you are going on a diet’.   There’s nothing new with this plan.... I go on a diet regularly... and come off it regularly:  but this time I was meaning business.   I’d buy jellies.    Maggie always bought jellies (for sweet) when we were on a diet ... so .... jellies it was.    After all a jelly is only a pint of, coloured, wobbly water.    Wellll.... was I surprised to find, when I read the ‘rools’ on the side of the packet, that a pint of wobbly water contains 400 of the naughty things .... calories.    Okay; so,  if I have a ¼ of a pint (jelly) that would be 100 calories... plus a


dollop (big) of Ardross ice cream (let’s say 7 calories)....107 calories altogether, per serving.   Hey Ho ...I could cope with that;  this could be my  ... a kind of long term diet!   Happy boy in Ivy Cottage tonight.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....