Another lovely morning ......

 

23rd April 2021 (Friday)     “appy St George’s Day” to all my English


friends ... and I ‘ope the sun is shining on ‘sunny Sussex' and on a sunny Somerset.  

07.00    We have another lovely morning in ‘sunny Fife’ and I hope to get out on the bike later.    There’s not much of a breeze, so it should be warm once the sun gets higher, though it will be cooler with the breeze coming in from the sea in the afternoon.    I’ve had a restless night;  I kept waking up every hour in case I slept in, and missed the mechanic picking up the car.

09.00    There’s an overgrown bush in the garden, that I want to seriously lop, but ... a pair of Wood Pigeons have set up home in it.   That job is on hold until any young they produce fledge.    There was another bush that need serious pruning;  it is in the ‘broon’ bucket.;

The car mechanic has picked up the car so I am now free for the remainder of the day;   mind you, after the restless night I had there’s a good chance that I will be having a catnap (or two) in the Hutte in the afternoon.    The ‘plan’ is to go out later in the morning and be back in Ivy for lunch.

Anstruther lifeboat and RIB.

17.00    This has been one quick day.  I went out on the bike about 10.30, to do the ‘Estate run’ then the harbour;  it was the perfect day for biking.    At the harbour there was a hold up, with a delivery van at ‘The Ship’ trying to deliver.... and  cars wanting to leave the harbour, others wanting to go to the harbour:  eventually the driver reversed his van (and it was not small) back to Admiralty Lane until the traffic cleared.   At the harbour I got a number of photos and was about to leave when the Anstruther lifeboat appeared.... then the Anstruther RIB;  two people had been stuck on the Chainwalk at Kincraig.    I am glad to say that they looked fine, and were probably happy to be ‘home and dry’.   I got some more photos of the lifeboat, and Coastguard troops, then made my way home to Ivy to browse a goodly batch of photos.   Since then I have had lunch, browsed some of the photographs, fallen asleep in the Hutte, had a blether with Myra and Janet and I am now well ready for a cuppa.    It’s hard work being me.

20.30    Going by the number of twigs the pigeons are taking into the bush, this is going


to be one huge nest.  It’s strange how Wood Pigeons have become garden birds;  mind you, the bush they’re using does look like a tree.

I’ve had a good day today but I am tired.    Right enough I had a restless night last night so it will be early to bed tonight.    The forecast is good for tomorrow it will be cool for the time of year.   I might make tomorrow a ‘rest day’... though I will go out around the middle of the day.    It’s chocolate time now.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....