Lovely day after early frost ....

2nd April 2021 (Friday)     09.00 ....we had a touch of frost first thing but


it
 didn’t last once the sun got going;  we have a cracker o’ a day now.... let’s enjoy it.          Ian (paper shop) was telling me that the temperature had been -3C at 05.00.    It was  -1C on the garden thermometer at 06.30.

11.00    Oh my word;  it is a lovely morning, and the villages are looking gorgeous.... and ready to be enjoyed.   I’ve been for the paper, and visited the harbour....  and had a visit from Shona who had been at the baker’s... so we shared an Empire biscuit goodie with our morning coffee.  The washing I hung out earlier is drying in the light breeze even though the sky has clouded over and the air is colder;  I’m hoping that the sun will burn off the clouds shortly.    In the meantime (Shona is off home to Barnyards) I’ll get some ‘work’ stuff done..... but not until I have a cuppa.

16.00    This has been a strange day.    It started gloriously the fizzled out;  a bit like m.   I found out today (Myra told me) that Frances (Winton), one of my ‘Colinsburgh Girls’ has died.   Frances had been unwell for some time    Her husband, Ian (‘Jeek’), died on the day that she was diagnosed with 'nae weelness': That would be about 19 months ago if I remember correctly.  I do remember giving her a big hug when she told me.   She was a lovely girl;  and my thoughts are with her family at this sad time.  


I haven’t done much in the way of work after two washings this morning..... one normal wash and the other a woollen wash.    The jerseys have been brought in and ‘ung on a clothes ‘orse.... the normal stuff I’ll leave out for another hour or so.   That will have been my day’s work.   However ..... the day has a bit to go.... I may yet do some drawing.    That would get me out of the doldrums.








20.30    The day ended with a bonnie late afternoon and evening:  in fact it was so nice (and the warmest it had been all day) that I went to the beach for a walk.    The beach was busy .... then I remembered that this is the Easter weekend.   The weather forecast for tomorrow is excellent and the travel ‘rools’ have been relaxed, so I expect our wee villages and the whole of the East Neuk will be busy.    I will go out early then probably ‘lie low’.... especially if the roads are busy.   If it’s really nice I will go up to Chapel Green and have morning coffee on Maggie’s seat.    Myra is getting her second ‘jab’ next

week so I should get mine the following week:  I think we have to take care, for four weeks after the second ‘jab’ before.... ‘relaxing’.    I doubt if we'll really relax until after next winter.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....