Bright and sunny ....

12th April 2021 (Monday)      07.30 .... We have a ‘bright and sunny’ start to


the day, with only a light breeze;  however there is an early frost so the temperature continues to be low for this time of year.     Once the sun gets going it will be warmer.... though never as warm as it should be in April.  (I think I’ve already said that in a different way).  

I felt ‘sluggish’ when I first got ‘up’ but a shower, followed by a cuppa, I now feel spritely. It’s going to be a ‘work’ morning..... though I do not intend overdoing the ‘work’ part of my day.  

14.30   Hmmmm;   I might have overdone the 'work' part of the day..... I felt sluggish when I woke up .... but I have been active ever since.  The first thing I did was make another ‘drawing board:  because I want two sketches going at the same time.    I found a suitable piece of plywood, which I then covered with heavy duty lining paper;  this is the first time that I have used wallpaper paste in a long time.    Although a small job it took a bit of time to find the bits and pieces.   I actually enjoyed doing this .... and the finished board is now drying in The Hutte.


The next mission was to check the car tyres and top up as required.   This involved going for a run...  before .... and after... so that too, took a wee while.  

It’s a cracker of an afternoon ;  the temperature must be reasonably high because I have discarded ..... the scarf.   My next mission is to (after I have a cuppa) make a few ‘Chicken Pie’ ready meals.    I have yet to take one photograph today.    That will change in a wee while.

21.30    This cold spell is cramping my outdoor activities some but I am getting on with my ‘projects’.    Ah .... yes:  I think Maggie’s  Grandparents (x 6) might have been at the ante-nuptial fornication.    William Webster’s wife to be, is ‘with child’ and he is working down in Newcastle.   This has got the Kirk Session (Kinneuchar) buzzin’.    She was called to appear before the Session for questioning, and was told to write to him and get him back, so that they could both be questioned in detail.    This is in 1736.    I now have to browse through more of the records until I find the one with them both in front of the Session.     Of course when browsing I come across other ‘scandals’ being discussed, .... fornication being the most common one.   Except for some fishermen of The Ferry (though I don’t doubt that they would do a bit fornicatin’ too):  who ballasted and launched a boat, to go out to a vessel in the Firth,  and brought goods ashore..... on the Sabbath.    They (the fishermen) were called to appear, but the Baillie’s of the Ferry contacted the Session to let them know that the fishermen had been fined for their misdemeanour,  and that was the end of it.   I suspect the Baillie’s had something to do with the mission.   It’s fascinating stuff but hard reading, because it’s hand written, with the spelling of the time.

I had a run down to the harbour in the early evening.... it was busier than I expected it to


be.    Tomorrow is going to be another bonnie but cold day so ‘the boy’ will be working in the Hutte.   Myra and I are meeting Lynne at the Pav for morning coffee so that will be my excursion for the day.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....