Chilly ....

30th April 2021(Friday)    08.00 .... April is ending with another chilly start to


the day;  my word.... this April must surely go down as one of the driest and coldest ones in a long time.   I have yet to see my first Swallow this year, they normally turn up, in numbers, around the 23rd April.   Swifts?.... sadly we’ve got rid of those.   That reminds me of happy times:  Maggie and I would  sit out, on a balmy, late July evening,  and be entertained by the local ‘flock’ of Swifts, screaming in a state of excitement as they prepared for their long trip South.    The noise of their voices and their wings, as they flashed low over us;  that was an evocative sound.   I’m glad that I had the privilege of hearing Swifts over Elie and Earlsferry.

I’ve been for the paper... and to the harbour, and as I mentioned, it is another chilly morning;  but there will be warm sunshine  out of the wind.   I’m in a creative mood and will settle down in The Hutte once the sun heats it up.

17.30    Despite the cold wind I had a run out on the bike late in the afternoon..... only up to the Elie Estate North Lodge gate then through the estate and home by way of The Terrace and  South Street (Elie) then up to Chapel Green (Earlsferry);  cold but enjoyable.   The villages are busy, which is a good sign that things are getting better;  that said I did enjoy the empty streets.

Most of today I have spent 'resting' in The Hutte, and intend doing the same tomorrow. Up and out early then potter around Ivy.


20.30    April looks like being the sunniest, driest and frostiest April on record;  it’s a pity about the frostiest.   It’s lovely when you are out of the wind but, my word, April certainly has been a cold month, and the month of May is going to begin as April finished, sunny and cold.

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....