Quiet morning ....

25th April 2021 (Sunday)    07.30 .... There was a red sky this morning, so a


change in the weather to come;   but not today.   We have a nice start to the day but, there is a layer of high cloud (that gave us the red sky) but it should burn off once the sun gets going.    There’s a light breeze, with the thermometer reading 4C, so it isn’t frosty cold, but it isn’t warm .... yet.   I’ll go for the paper via the estate after another cuppa, and once the air warms up.

16.00     The ‘paper run’, via Kinneuchar loch, this morning was fantastical;   it was almost unreal.    The water was like a mirror, except where there were birds paddling or skirmishing:  the loch has a lot of swans on it just now and territorial disagreements are frequent.   The light was lovely and .... well ...I felt like I was in a dream.   I took a few photos then bumbled my way to the ‘paper shop’,.... taking ‘time out’ to talk to Tom (Meldrum) on the way.  


From the ‘paper shop’ I went down Rankeillor Street to The Terrace, then along to the Breakwater, stopping at my normal viewpoints on the way, before going up to Chapel Green;  where I met Dave (Greig) and caught up with his ‘news’;  the main part of which was, the fact that he is recuperating after a shoulder joint replacement op.    Sally and a friend came by while I was sitting taking in the view, and the golf course had a sprinkling of golfers on it.   I’ve had a really pleasant morning.   At this time my breathing was normal;  however since about midday the wind has freshened and the air is cooler .... cold even.

I went ‘tae the kirk’ and even into a ‘room’ at the end.   The kirk is doing something in the middle of the week, which I will go to... if the weather is fine (it’s at Ardross Farm).

19.30    Most of my afternoon was spent in ‘The Hutte’ reading the Sunday paper .... and


resting.     It turned really cold in the afternoon so I never went out again:  the bike battery was being charged anyway, as I’d forgotten to plug it in when I first got back from the ‘paper run’.

Nae plan for tomorrow:  I may go out early if it isn’t too windy... and cold.   Light rain showers and sunny spells are forecast to come our way about mid-morning.   I have plenty to do in the garden .... and Hutte. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....