Cloudier but bonnie with it ....

7th April 2021 (Wednesday)    08.00 .... It’s a bonnie morning;  there is  more


cloud around, so not as ‘bright and sunny as we’ve had recently, ..... but, at the moment, nice enough to want to go out and play.   Rain isn’t mentioned in today’s weather forecast.    So far this morning, I have been as far East as the pavement... and as far West as The Hutte, but will loup into the car after breakfast, to go for the paper n’ stuff. 

10.00     Laurie (Nurse), phoned to tell me I could have my second ‘jab’ this afternoon at 15.40 .... I was happy to accept.   I think its four weeks after the second ‘jab’ that you can ‘relax’.    I will celebrate with ‘morning coffee’ and have all that remains of the British Empire.... an Empire biscuit!

16.30    This has been a day of mixed emotions for the ‘boy’.   I was sad... because we were saying “Cheerio” to Olive at Kinneuchar.... then happy because I had my second ‘jab’ two hours later.     To say "Cheerio" to Olive I went to my usual place in the kirkyard, with the camera;  she would have expected me to be there.   The locals turned out ‘in force’;  though I had expected something akin to an Aldershot send off.....someone every two metres due to the social distancing ‘rool’:  instead of which, we had ‘family bubbles’ at various points on the Main Street;  and all along the route taken by the cortege.     My thoughts are with Ken, Lorna and James at this sad time.


The second ‘jab’ was the same vaccine (the Oxford/Astra Zenaca) as the first one, and absolutely perfectly organised.    If I have the same side effects as the last time I’ll be happy;   I had a slightly sair heid the next day and I think that was it.












21.00    There is more news.... sad news I am sorry to say.    I was sorry to hear that a good friend, Primrose died yesterday.    Primrose was a ‘Ferry lassie’ (Scott the cleek maker family) and was another friend who had been around for a lifetime.     She would often join us (she was one of ‘the Troops’) in ‘arbour ‘ouse for morning coffee.   ‘Primmy’ will be sadly missed by all who knew her;   my thoughts are with her family at this sad time.    I also found out today that Bill and Sophie Bell (Kinneuchar) had died:  Bill only recently... Sophie a wee while ago.   They had been in the Leven Care Home for a good number of years.     My thoughts are with their family at this time too.    I think it’s time to have my bedtime chocolate drink.  



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....