Absolute cracker of a mornin' ....

21st April 2021 (Wednesday)      09.00 .... What an absolute cracker of a


morning.   I’ve been to the harbour.... my word it was stunning.    Nae wind so the water was like a mirror.... it was like being part of a dream.    I took a few photographs as I wandered around .... so I have something to ‘play’ with later.   I sorted through 50 of them;  that leaves about 180 to go.    Actually I think I might get the bike out after breakfast and ‘do’ the Estate run;   I haven’t been through the estate for a while.   Orf to have breakfast.



09.00    When I was at the harbour (at 06.30), there was nae wind and the sun, which appeared above the horizon at 05.55 was warm.   Now, when I was thinking of going out on the bike I find that there is a fresh breeze, from the Easterly direction ... and it’s cold;   exit biking ‘plan’.  I’ll work in The Hutte and might go out in the afternoon.... depending on how windy and cold it is.  

The 'inside' of Ferry Corner pre 1947.

17.00    I spent the afternoon pottering around Ivy:  the temptation to go out on the bike was strong, but, the wind being from the Southeast was cold, and my tubes have never been fond of any wind with East in it.   However I finished my first rough drawing of the North side of Ferry corner so I am a happy boy.   I think I have the houses as I like them so will do another couple of pencil drawing (and colour them in with pencil) before sketching it onto a canvas.   I have to draw this a few times so that I get the 'feel' of the houses and the perspective.    I am a happy boy tonight.   Oh ... I took 240 photographs at the harbour this morning and have only looked at 80... so....  I have much work ahead of me tonight/tomorrow.   I went round the harbour twice.... the light was changing so I just had to do it.

21.00     I’m tired after a fairly busy day.... mostly sitting down stuff, but a very enjoyable


day.   Tomorrow is going to be another bonnie day;  in fact the next few days are going to be bonnie ones.... but cool at night and first thing in the morning.   I’ve nae plan for tomorrow;  there’s wee washing to do so I’ll do that.   I may go out on the.... bike if it isn’t too cold.    In the meantime I am going make the chocolate,  find a book, then get orf to bed.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....