Crane in ..... ....

9th April 2021 (Friday)     07.30 ....This online shopping is marvellous.... you

don’t have to wait for the shop to open.   I ordered a pair of shoes (Clark’s day wear shoes.... the same style that I have worn for the past 10 years) this morning at 06.30. and they are down for delivery tomorrow.    That’s today’s ‘work’ done already.

It’s a lovely morrrrning;  the garden thermometer was at 0C when I looked at it half an hour ago.   Thankfully the wind had moderated and we have only a light breeze just now but it will freshen later... though not up to F8 like we had for while yesterday... a good morning for the boats being ‘craned in’.

09.30    I’ve been for the paper and to the harbour.... where things were happening in readiness for ‘crane in’ this morning.    I have no real ‘plan’ for today, because I didn’t know how I’d feel after having the second ‘jab’.   I actually feel frisky this morning so any side effects (of the second jab), would appear to be less noticeable than they were with the first one.   So far the only side effect has been a mild headache .... and feeling sleepy (yesterday).


21.00     I have had a brilliant time today at the harbour.... where the boats were being ‘Craned In’.    It was a perfect day for ‘crane in’ and a perfect day for the camera.... but there was a cool wind.    Funnily enough .... when I was at the harbour, first thing in the morning it wasn’t cold.... ‘cos there was hardly any wind:  however, most of the time I was in the lee of the granary so never got cold.    It’s good to have the boats back in the water.... though it’s a bit cauld for sailing:  but they give us more picturesque photos of Elie.  I left the harbour before the last boats went ‘in’ .... it was getting on for lunch time.

After lunch I felt tired and decided to have a catnap;  I slept soundly for two whole hours.    I imagine that will have been a side effect of the ‘jab’:  a normal catnap lasts for half an hour or so.   When I woke up I was well ready for a cuppa.

With it beinThe BBC has an hour long tribute to Prince Philip coming on so I shall go and watch that.

It’s going to be cold overnight ... and tomorrow.   Sleet showers are mentioned for our area, but it is going to be sunny, in between any showers that do come our way. 

22.00     The BBC tribute to Prince Philip was excellently done and very interesting .... showing his life from beginning to end.   The barbeque at Loch Muick brought back happy memories of when Maggie and I walked round the loch.g a beautiful evening I decided to have another run to the harbour to see the


boats.  The tide was out (I knew it would be) but i still fancied having a look at the boats.   The wind had moderated and it was pleasantly warm .... even at the harbour.   

Sadly, HRH Duke of Edinburgh has passed away.   Prince Philip has always been there; a big part of the background of our lives.   My thoughts and prayers are with our Royal Family at this time.

The BBC has an hour long tribute to Prince Philip coming on so I shall go and watch that.

It’s going to be cold overnight ... and tomorrow.   Sleet showers are mentioned for our area, but it is going to be sunny, in between any showers that do come our way. 

22.00     The BBC tribute to Prince Philip was excellently done and very interesting .... showing his life from beginning to end.   The barbeque at Loch Muick brought back happy memories of when Maggie and I walked round the loch.










Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....