Breezy ....

8th April 2021 (Thursday)    08.00 .... ‘Strong winds and drizzle’ is the


forecast for KY9 today;   funny, I always associate ‘drizzle’ with light winds.   I suppose you can get squally drizzle showers.   Anyway windy, and possibly wet, is the forecast.   It is breezy (F6 in Largo Bay) with a 50/50 mix of blue sky and scuttling clouds at the moment and not very warm.

I am feeling ‘bright eyed and bushy tailed’ with neither a headache nor any other after effects, so far.... after the second jab.    And I had a really good night’ sleep.   I'll spend the day pottering around Ivy, working with nothing heavier than a pencil.  

10.00    I suppose you might call this a MOAN.... but it's really more of an 'observation'.   I’ve been thinking about the lasting effect of the COVID-19 on the East Neuk of Fife.    This pandemic will go down as the time when the demography of the East Neuk finally changed from a village orientated way of life to a city one;  simply because any houses that come on the market are being bought (mostly) by city orientated families;  families with different ideas of ‘living’.   I was talking to Jim (Harbour Master at St Monans) and he was saying that all 46 of the new houses being built to the West of the old St Monans manse have been sold already .... and the builders have only started the ground works.    According to Jim, it’s unlikely that any of the 46 houses will have been bought by folk with local roots.   I suppose all this change is ‘sad’ in a way;  but, it is inevitable.... change is happening all the time, everywhere;   if it didn't we'd still be livin' in caves or up trees.     That said Earlsferry has been a far better place to have lived in this winter;  there are more families.... and I have enjoyed them being around.    I suppose all we locals (old and new) have to do is convince newcomers that converting to our more laid back, slower way of living is the better way.   The biggest threat(s), to our peaceful corner of the East Neuk are ....‘party houses’.    Moan over.   


11.30    I went for the paper and had intended going for a walk up Balcarres Den but, when I was at the harbour is began to rain (only showers) so I will do Balcarres in the afternoon.   In the meantime it’s coffee, and a quick scan through the paper, time.









17.30      The weather has been ‘mixed’ so I didn’t go out in the afternoon:  I ended up with a headache (same as the first jab) and took a couple of pills then spent the afternoon ... lazily .... I fell asleep watching something on the tele.  I’m feeling brighter, but it’s too late to bother about going up to Balcarres now... I’ll leave that until tomorrow.   I’ll probably spend the evening watching tele  then have an early night in bed.

20.30     There’s still a blustery wind with odd showers around but that is all supposed to


clear away by morning;  and we’re to have a ‘bright and sunny’ day, not as windy as it has been today .... but colder.   The boats are being ‘craned in’ so we’ll have some activity at the harbour;  a well wrapped up ‘boy’ might just take a turn down there.   It’s now time to make a mug of chocolate , take a couple of pills, then bumble orf to bed with a book.   The headache I had earlier has gone and I feel fine;  a good night’s sleep should have me ready to go out to play in the morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....