Bright and sunny .... the weather too

6th April 2021 (Tuesday)   08.00 .... When I checked the garden thermometer

St Monans harbour  'Middle Pier'.

this morning (07.00) it was just under 0C so not as cold as yesterday morning..... and definitely not as windy and therefore less wind-chill.... it’s almost ‘warm’.    The wind should freshen later.   I’m looking forward to, a well wrapped up me, enjoying a ‘bright and sunny’ day.

13.00    It’s a gorgeous day;  it is a bit breezy but not nearly as cold as it was yesterday.    After going to the ‘paper shop’ and Barnett’s the Baker, I decided to have a change of harbour today;  I’d go to St Monans.   On the way past the Toll Green (Elie) I automatically indicated right  .... and went to the harbour:  so I did both Elie and St Monans harbours.     Elie is more exposed to any wind, whereas St Monans is more sheltered from wind from the northerly direction:  that said, I was well wrapped up, and enjoyed a wander round both.   Both harbours have boats on the piers, ready to be ‘craned in’ on Friday:  while St Monans has more ‘working boats’ in the harbour.   I have had an enjoyable morning;  now I need to have lunch.... which will be followed by a short ‘catnap’ then some ‘creative’ work.


17.30    I've had an enjoyable afternoon, sitting in The Hutte enjoying a cuppa and doing artistic things.    Not much effort required to draw.   It has taken until today for my muscles to recover from climbing the step ladders when cleaning the windows on Sunday.     I have no intention of doing step ladder climbing as an exercise, so that I’m fit for the next window cleaning session.    









21.30     We say ‘Cheerio’ to Olive tomorrow afternoon, by ‘paying our respects’ as the hearse passes by;  the route being along Meadow Road in Barnyards then Main street Kilconquhar.    This could be one of the few, ‘new’ ways of doing things that could become ‘normal’ practice.    It seems a good and practical way of saying ‘Cheerio’ to someone we love.

This cold spell has changed my going ‘out and about’ habits.   I can’t go out biking, as

St Monans.

often as I’d like;  I enjoy the fresh air, but the temperature of it agitates the breathing tubes.    I’ve had an enjoyable and busy day today and will go to bed a tired but contented ‘boy’.

The weather for tomorrow is ‘sunny intervals with a moderate breeze’;  much the same as today.     It may become cloudier later in the  afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....