Cold ....

28th April 2021 (Wednesday)       07.30 .... welll ....  I'm vertical.... and I have

Elie pier

unlocked The Hutte;  both positive signs.   The overcast sky and light rain is still with us, but should clear away by mid morning.    As we head towards the driest April since 1938 (that was a good year) the sun cream remains undisturbed, as it has been for months, as it must also have been one of the coldest Aprils in a long time :  Although we have had some bonnie days, we have been plagued with that cold, onshore breeze most days.    The thermometer is reading 5C but taking wind chill into account, it’s a wrap up morning.  

10.00    The folks that have booked their holidays on the West of Scotland will be missing the lovely cool breeze we have here;  in fact they might need to use sun cream.    We have lovely ‘January’ morning here;  and the place not to be is out on the pier.    Not Elie pier anyway:  might be fine at Dunoon though.   In actual fact,  we do have a bonnie morning, but my word it is unseasonably cold.    Where have I been?.... yes ...out on Elie pier.   I had thought of going to Pettycur today but that is on hold;   until the warmer days of an Indian summer.... in November.   I was well wrapped up so not physically cold but it is bitterly cauld for the time of year.   I’m now going to put the kettle ‘on’ ... again.    Oh I bought a Cherry cake at the paper shop; it’s a cake kind of day.


11.15    It’s a lovely day now, but still cold exposed to the wind;  cosy in a sheltered spot though.   I went up to Elie again (in the car);  I needed bread... and...I met Dod, out for his morning jog to the ‘paper shop’.   Having discussed Dod’s ‘love life’, I then went into ‘arbour ‘ouse, wherein I bought my first morrrrrrrning coffee in a long time;  from the lovely Brenda.   I had eyes only for Brenda, so didn’t see the new floor that Alan laid when the shop was ‘in limbo’.   The new floor does look good.... I managed a quick glimpse.... and should be easy cleaned;   after we auld yins can get back to sitting in, with our clarty shoes.   I’m now going to organise lunch then go for a quick walk up the street.



17.15    I changed my mind about walking up the street before lunch:  I was hungry, so had lunch then got the bike out and went up to Chapel Green after lunch.   I was pleasantly warm out of the wind and I intended going up to Elie Estate;  however that plan changed when the mirror fell off my bike.   I went back to Ivy and fixed the mirror then fitted it back onto the handle bars.   After that I sat down to do a Soduko .... and fell asleep.

Tomorrow is going to be another cool day but, as I am feeling brave I have made an


appointment to get my haircut:  I’d like to see my lugs again.   So that’s the plan for tomorrow.  This will be my first trip to Leven since .... the last time I had my haircut, which was just before Christmas. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....