Spring like morning ....

16th February 2021 (Tuesday)    09.00 .... There’s a fresh breeze from the


WSW, the birds have been givin’ it laldie from the rooftops and the snowdrops at Ivy front door have opened;   Spring has arrived.    Of course it could all go wrong now and again, but right now, let’s enjoy this Spring spell, while we have it.    Blob is ‘in a state of being love’;  he’s singing his romantic ‘look at handsome me’ songs and has the glaikit look of young love.   Yep it’s all go at the Centre of the Universe this bonnie morning.

I decided to go to ‘The Store’ for a bit of shopping.   It keeps me in touch with the ‘good old days’ of supermarket shopping.   Now I think I need a well earned mug of coffee.   I’m going to try a mug of some kind of Cappuccino that I bought .... it can’t be worse than my own brew.  

17.30     The Cappuccino is good;   it’s just like the real thing... all frothy and tasty.     I also bought a jar of coffee granules so that I can keep on suffering my own concoction.

The gritter went down the road about half an hour ago so frost is expected, though not necessarily here.   I had noticed that the temperature had dropped in the last hour or so.  


At long last I have been able to do a ‘tour of the villages’ on the bike;  including checking out the harbour.    I met Mr ‘B’ (Steve) down there, and caught up with his news;  there’s nothing happening in Park Place.   Actually  I have done well for conversation today having spoken to .... Cath (Hardie) who was out for her exercise walk, Kirsty (who was getting ready to go jogging with Myra (could that be fake news?) and Steve at the harbour.   Lack of conversation is the biggest problem I have had (and still do) with the lockdown etc. so today has been a good day.    It will be great when we can go for proper ‘morning coffee’ at ‘arbour ‘ouse.   

22.30    It’s hard to believe but my face feels sunburnt;  right enough, it was warm in the sun and there was a brisk wind, so this could be the start of my summer suntan.    I think I might get out again tomorrow.... though there is a slight chance of ‘light rain’ now and again.   

I meant to tell you that I enjoyed the programme about Cadgwith Cove (Cornwall) last


night:  it’s the last traditional cove fishery remaining in Cornwall:  they don’t have a harbour for the boats.... they are launched from the beach by tractor.... same as Hastings.    Anyway the fishermen’s ‘lofts’, built  300 years or so ago, were gradually being sold off and turned into ‘holiday homes’, thus threatening the  existence of the fishery.   The local Council and fishing families voted to buy the remaining ‘lofts’ and let them to the fishing families that remain;  so the fishery is safe .... for the time being.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....