JB's Birthday .....

24th February 2021 (Wednesday)    “Happy Birthday” ‘JB’;   I shall


celebrate with a small large Tamnavulin this evening.

08.00 .... the wind has moderated but, before it did so it lifted yesterdays rain;  the road is dry so I’ll bike up for the paper later in the morning.    The sky is mostly overcast just now but the forecast is good.... ‘sunny spells with a fresh breeze’.


22.30    We’ve enjoyed a Spring like day... so I did a washing, which I hung out before going for the paper.    At that time the sky was a bit iffy, but all was well and the washing dried;    it has even been ironed.  

I did the paper run on the bike;  the wind was a bit bothersome but I enjoyed being out on the quiet streets.   I must admit I am enjoying the ‘lack of restrictions’ on the roads, especially doing ‘The Toft’ to the harbour:  Somehow I think it will be different come July and August, but;   on the other hand it will be good seeing the Ship Inn and all the other shops functioning again. 

Admiralty Lane - Elie.

Once again I forgot to go to the paper shop on my way home from the harbour;  I turn into The Terrace and down to South Street, missing out the High Street altogether.   The annoying thing is that I stopped at the baker’s, but there was a customer waiting outside the paper shop, so I went to the harbour.    I wanted the paper today to check out the latest ‘virus ‘rools’.    As far as I can make out I won’t be able to visit Crail or Kinghorn and Dysart until the end of April;  which is fine, because the weather will have settled down and I’ll have had my second ‘jab’.

The final piece of a jigsaw fell into place today and in doing so made me one, extremely, happy ‘bunny’.    I have a couple of photographs to take, but they can’t be done until the end of April.

I’ve had a happy and very satisfying day today.   I had a pleasant conversation with

South Street - Elie.

Sally in the morning (conversation is what I have missed most over the past year) .... at least I think it was Sally I was talking to;  I have met so many new friends over the past year that I could get faces mixed up with names.   Anyway I enjoyed our chat.... it helps to make me feel ‘normal’;   and apologies if I have the wrong name.

The forecast is good for tomorrow... sunny and breezy so I should get out at some point.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....